Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn Eternal Forum Index -> Roleplaying and Creative Endeavors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IlservianPalacost

re: An Axe of Worth

My first Foundry quest is now live... An Axe of Worth - Code to search for is NW-DURE7NKPX

It should be doable solo or as a duo, is focused mainly on story and combat. I've also put in a couple hints as to the storyline of my future campaign so pay attention Happy
Hubris_Inc
Officer

Notes for An Axe of Worth:

Love the flavor in the dialogue from the start and it carried through out with the responses. The outdoor area has a great variety of enemy types which makes it feel very natural and keeps the combat interesting. I would dense up the forest a little bit on the edges of the map to hide the invisible walls a bit more. The wolf packs have a special cone attack but its just coming from one of the random wolves not the alpha. Not sure if you can do anything about that though so just throwing it out.

Spoilers!! Below for those who have not run it yet.

The mysterious figure to the north is a great touch and really adds something to the story but I will say that you may want to add some sort of eye catch to get people to look north, cause we all know most folks just go point A to B. Another roving wolf path to entice them to chase it north or something might do it. Dary and I found it cause we wanted to explore the whole map and look for bugs ect and it was a very pleasant surprise and we felt rewarded for our exploration which is great. The skeletons after the graveyard that are static are easy to see from far off so the reveal of the witch is not as much as an aha moment. Can you make them pop out of the ground like the second wave in the grave yard? If so I would and would position them closer the wither the witch or that roving 3 skeleton patrol for more of an action feel. In the cave after you enter the door and are on the long right turn towards the Troll Hexer the cave troll positioning makes it so they can be knocked off the ledge and or their loot falls and can not be reached. The final battle was awesome very Chuthullu-esq monster choice which I loved.

I really enjoyed it and look forward to the stories expansion.

Thanks for the feedback, Hubris. I've thought of having the woods skeletons spawn as opposed to being static so I will change that, maybe bring the archers close to the encounter area and have the other skeles spawn at the same time but in different areas throughout the woods to 'populate' it a bit.

The figure was supposed to be a sort of easter egg for those that chose to explore as opposed to just following the prompts, but you're right, most people that will play it will probably just run through so I might place something that 'guides' players towards him without making it seem like part of the main quest, which it really isn't.

I noticed that with the cave trolls when I did my playthrough, I'll change up their location a bit.

Thanks again.
Daryena
Officer

Ils, there is not enough room in the in-game review section to give very good feedback! They only give you about a paragraph. In addition to what I said there, I wanted to say that my favorite part was your witty dialog. "Excuse me while I visit the auction house on an unrelated matter." <-- lol. It's good to be able to roleplay a couple different types of characters through your responses. After playing some other Foundry missions, I can tell that it's no simple thing to have natural-sounding dialog (and item-interactions), but you have done that well. I've seen quests that use past tense, quests that cut to the point of the story bluntly and obviously, and quests that break immersion in other painful ways. So, elegant writing is something I appreciate. (Not that I can't enjoy a silly adventure - for anyone else out there planning to make a quest, just avoid past tense in the action and I'll be placated. ;))

I was wondering, when you ran the quest with the Foundry character, what class were you and what was the difficulty like? I ran it twice as a duo, so of course it was no problem. It's gotta be hard to balance it since the classes have different dps outputs, and the majority of people will probably do it solo. I'll try running it solo as soon as you get your next update in.

Edit: My cleric was able to turn in the quest today for some mysterious reason, and so I accidentally overwrote my review from my rogue (apparently it's 1 review per account). One thing I said in there was about the mobs in the final room. When you first enter the room with the fountain, the purple monsters (lol don't know what they're called) are too easy to single pull. I think they should all come together. Maybe you could achieve that by different placement or adding more of them, I don't know.

Small geometry problem to the left of the door:

Forum Image
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn Eternal Forum Index -> Roleplaying and Creative Endeavors All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None