Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn Eternal Forum Index -> Roleplaying and Creative Endeavors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryena
Officer

re: Foundry Reviews

If you've played a Foundry quest, you can post your review of it here. This will be especially useful in finding those truly excellent player-created quests and campaigns. I am personally looking for both great stories and very difficult dungeons. If you actually create a quest yourself, though, go ahead and make a separate post about it so we can give it the attention it deserves!

Your review does not need to be in any particular format. You can copy/paste your review and star rating from in game if you want, or just tell us the name of the quest and if it was good! If you want to go into more depth, here are some possible things you may want to include:

Quest or Campaign Name:
Author:
Star rating (1-5):
Quest type: Group/Solo, Story/Combat
Combat difficulty & balance:
Story: (Possible labels: linear/choices, roleplay opportunities, investigation & mystery solving, lots of reading, lore-appropriate, lore-heavy, good writing, memorable characters, humor, dark, etc.)
Other stuff: puzzles, environments, etc

To start off I will simply list two Foundry Spotlights, both of which I played and were extremely well-done!

The Dweomerkeepers Campaign - Star rating: 5
From the Shadows: A Hidden Blade - Star rating: 5

Last edited by Daryena on Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
IlservianPalacost

Good idea, Dary. I've only played a couple foundry quests so far though, been spending the last day or so on my first quest I've been creating. Finally getting the hang of this thing, will post it when it's finished.
IlservianPalacost

Just played the second quest in the From the Shadows campaign that Dary mentioned, it's called "The Lanaar Legacy" and in my opinion was even better than "A Hidden Blade". Has a great backstory (read all the books during the quest, worth it) and a very eerie feel which is enhanced greatly by the author's excellent dungeon design.
Mesaih

I haven't ran very many yet, but I will post a review on what I have done, maybe this weekend. Also, has anyone created their own dungeon yet? I may work on one this weekend or next week, but I'd love to try out some of the group's ideas.
IlservianPalacost

My first dungeon should be done this weekend hopefully if I get time.
Hubris_Inc
Officer

Oh very cool looking forward to it Ils.

The Cragsteep Crypt - 5 stars - Group
This is the most highly rated group-focused Foundry dungeon. Gedrick and I did it last night and it was pretty challenging (lots of health pots) and fairly long. The dungeon and fights were really well designed, especially the final battle which seemed to have countless different stages to it. The story was just kind of there for me since I usually don't want to read quest text when I'm in a group, but it does have story too if you're interested. Despite a couple instances of odd npc behavior due to the nature of the Foundry, it seemed like a dungeon made by game designers.

*More about the difficulty:
Foundry dungeons are usually scaled to be easier for lower levels, but we made it difficult for ourselves since we duoed it with one GF and one rogue, no healer. Also, it scaled to his level and I was 4 levels below (started at lvl 16 and 12), so I had my dps work cut out for me. We encountered a few situations where there were so many mobs it was impossible, and so we died a few times. Point is, difficulty will vary based on your level and group composition.

Dungeons of Dread: Crypts of Carnage - 4 stars - Solo or Group
Dungeons of Dread: Lair of Lunacy - 5 stars - Solo or Group

Visitors from the Underdark - 4 stars - Solo

Bar Fight! - 4 stars - Solo

A short but well-done quest with an escalating series of barfight challenges.

Last edited by Daryena on Wed May 15, 2013 11:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Hubris_Inc
Officer

Nice, we should try and get people together and run some of this group content. I want to see the bonus in Clock Tower as well. I two tried again with a Pug and they just couldn't/wouldn't listen to get the 3 crystals to one person /le sigh....

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None