Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn Eternal Forum Index -> Roleplaying and Creative Endeavors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IlservianPalacost

re: GW2 Character Bios

Name: Drake Darkfire
Race: Norn
Age: Unknown because of Norn extended lifespan but appears to be around 26 Human years.
Profession: Warrior
Signature Weapon: Largest Greatsword he can find

Physical Appearance: Standing roughly nine feet tall, Drake's frame is exceptionally muscular with nearly any sign of body fat removed from years of intense training and nearly endless battle. Perhaps the only thing more intimidating than Drake's initial appearance, is the agility and speed with which he carries it. His skin is tan (for a Norn at least), due to his travels in the southern Kingdoms during his time as a sword for hire, and bares the scars of many past conflicts. His face shows hard features and a look of grim determination in most instances. Though Drake's face is clean shaven, his long black hair is usually seen falling down over his face, eyes of blue fire burning bright behind the dark strands.

Training and Past: Raised among a nomadic band of mercenaries, Drake was learning the art of war since he could hold a sword. Always determined to be the best, Drake trained constantly, usually wielding weapons far too large for his young body. At ten years old, Drake's parents died in battle and he was left to be raised by his brothers within the band. Eventually, Drake was old enough to choose his own path and began his own journey, leaving the band of mercenaries behind and traveling south. Drake's demeanor on the battlefield is very much that of a berserker, preferring to charge his foes head on no matter the odds. Though a skilled swordsman, Drake's edge in battle is usually derived from his determination, ferocity and unrelenting rage.
Adele D.L.

Character Name: Adele de Leure
Aliases: Addie
Race: Human
Profession: Mesmer

Personality: To those who know her well: subtly and quietly playful, gentle, and inquisitive. To those she is on less familiar terms with, she can come off as solemn, serious, and even boring.
Religious beliefs/philosophy: Adele does not seem especially devout, showing no outward signs of religious devotion outside of what is customarily expected. She keeps her philisophy mostly to herself, and has not had opportunity to show it.

Childhood: Born in Ebonhawke, 1306 AE, to diminished Old Ascalonian nobility. Marked by Lyssa in twin birth, she and her sister did not know Ascalon long. House de Leure had little in the way of status or coin these days, and Ebonhawke was decided to be no place to raise a child. Their mother’s postnatal voyage to the Mists saw them sent to Divinity’s Reach by way of carefully guarded caravan to live with a distant aunt. The somewhat moneyed Baroness Arrieta, by necessity of the House de Leure being her mayorly husband’s only legitimate claim to nobility, quickly accepted the two girls into her Rurikton manor.

A mesmer and stage actress of minor renown, she was a doting if not particularly close influence on young Adele. Often busy with her shows, she nevertheless treated the girls well. A sizeable array of stage props, sneak peeks at their aunt’s flashy shows, and a healthy admiration of the reigning Queen led to more than a little fascination with the art of theatre. The girls would sneak into their aunt’s collection of props--or worse, their uncle’s collection of political ‘costumes’--and engage in the age-old tradition of dressing up in the attic and acting out stories with what props were left behind.

These years were somewhat lonely for the girl. Her sister and the equally foreign boy of Kurzick heritage by the name of Alex Cromwyll providing most of her companionship, as studies were private and playtime was carefully watched, as is customary with the noble families. The lonely boy proved a regular target for teasing and pranks by the two girls--especially as their mesmeric skills began to improve--but friendships were cut short when the Asuran Gate between Divinity’s Reach and Ebonhawke was fully repaired as a result of Queen Jennah’s actions.

Travel and especially communication between Divinity’s Reach had, until then, proved treacherous, and it had been a long time since either of the sisters had heard word from their father in Ebonhawke. Twelve years of age, Adele pleaded with her aunt to allow her to return to the city under siege. After some arguments, the girl bid her family and friends goodbye, not planning to stay in Ebonhawke long but feeling a weight in her stomach nonetheless.

Recent history: Adele returned to a manor in mild disrepair, empty but for a servant making a brief sweep through the house. Ushered to her father’s old comrade and brother-in-law (by way of a different, deceased aunt), she lowered herself into a stone carved chair and considered a warm brew while the circumstances were explained.

Her father, an Ebon Vanguard captain, had been eternally ‘nearing retirement’ since before his daughters were born, and Adele was told that recent years had been no different. He had gone missing on a patrol nearly a year ago--past his middle age, this should have come as no surprise--and search parties had been dispatched only to return empty-handed. A letter had been dispatched to his closest relatives, but the city being under siege and only recently having its Asura Gate repaired, it was of no surprise that the girls had never received it. Well-loved by his men and of Old Ascalonian noble birth, the family’s simple estate had been maintained as best as possible--which in this eternally sieged city, wasn’t much. But the girl quietly smiled and nodded her thanks regardless.

The girls had never had opportunity to meet either of their parents, but they were not the type to waste tears over it. Their aunt and uncle had been as good as parents, childless themselves, and their father had when the ill-maintained old Gate allowed, sent them letters and treats expressing his love.

Her father’s brother-in-law, now a captain of the Ebon Vanguard himself and a fair deal younger, was allowed to take over management of the de Leure estate (ownership still technically belonging to the girls). A funeral was arranged, a handful of distant and close family members were in attendance, and the world moved on--there were far grander and more worrying things to fret over.

Adele took up temporary residence in the old estate, growing to love it for its simplicity and practicality. It was then she met an aging scholar, Master Eckhart, who had found himself stuck in the sieged city long ago and had simply given up on leaving even after the Gates had been fixed. Adele was enchanted with the old man, so much so that she ended up on the wrong side of a few tavern jests, but the girl proved persistent and intelligent enough to convince him to accept a request of tutorship.

While she wished greatly to return to Divinity’s Reach, something tugged at her--in addition to her tutor’s refusal to leave Ebonhawke--and bid her stay. While the city was exceptionally lonely and proved to be a drain on her childhood high spirits, her studies beckoned.

Well into her adulthood, Adele and her tutor pored over old historical tomes, discussing theory and musing over archaeological pursuits over breakfast. Adele saw little of Ebonhawke in those years, invested as she was in her studies, her love of theatre and trick-playing well behind her.

They had begun planning for an archaeological endeavor into old Ascalon City--inspired by heroes who had attempted the same only a few years prior--when Master Eckhart passed in his sleep. The young scholar mourned her tutor more dearly than she had her father, but determined to continue their work, began once more to continue their preparations.

She made the decision to seek out her sister, an old friend or two, and gather up a crew worthy of executing the field work she had longed to complete for so many years, and packed her things before selling the old manor and taking an Asura Gate back to Divinity’s Reach.

Strengths, talents, and points of pride: Studious, intelligent, and hard-working, with a latent but strong streak of mischieviousness and playfulness. A talented actress, when she wishes to be, and after years of living in Ebonhawke, has become more than proficient with a blade and pistol.
Weaknesses, detriments, and points of improvement: Has far too little fun for a woman her age. Takes her work and studies too seriously, and is often protective or defensive of her theories and studies. Is quick to draw others into her problems.

Growing up amongst the "higher nobility" of the Norn city of Hoelbrak was an experience itself. I was always surrounded by the best of things and introduced to the important people. I learned from a young age about different things but became fascinated most at mechanical devices and the power that they held or could hold with some tinkering here or there. I was given skills that would aid me in the surrounding lands. Skills that would complement my already high engineering mastery. However, my family was torn apart by the unfortunance of war. I found the need to repress my renewed feelings of fear once in the thick of the battle. The ferocity I had built up and grown into translated (and quite frankly saved my life) into glory.
Forgive me. My name is Draq Onian. In comparison to most Norn I am short in stature but I make up for that in brawn and brain. I am very proud of my mustache and beard and will cut off the hand of anyone who attempts to disfigure it. Enemies fear my dark green slightly sunken eyes. I am also rather fond of my specialty tool kit that I keep close to me at all times. My tendency toward drink has gotten me into some trouble now and again.
On this day I find myself in the local tavern. The previous few days have been difficult, battlewise, and I am drained and somewhat frustrated. With my head down in my pint of ale I try to concentrate on what I could have done differently and not that of my surroundings. It was for that reason I had not noticed a group of three humans enter and sit nearby. Shortly after their arrival one of them approached me, gave a quick, but gentle, tug on my beard and said, " What's this sissy boy!?" Not wanting to add to my current misery I softly shooed the man off without a glance. "Come on, Stumpy, you've gotta have a better answer than that." Turning towards him I raised my left hand, already in a fist, and swung. My blow struck him square on the right shoulder, as I had intended it to. The other patrons looked in shock not really knowing whether to laugh or cheer. The man, an innocent looking, tall and lanky fellow with a bow strapped to his back had a foul grimace across his face. We stood and looked at one another. Then he began to smile, as did I, and let out, "BROTHER!". Our bodies clanged together and nearly knocked his bow from his back, and my toolkit from me, as we happily embraced. "Barkeep, a round of drinks for my brother, Mason Dank, and his friends," I stated. We talked for hours. We discussed the family, the war, victories, defeats and so much more. Mason, you see, is a natural born Ranger with the skill of using a bow that is unmatched. He has a lighter skin tone than I but chooses the same hair style...go figure. He has a pet cat with him that he states is as gentle as can be with friendlys but ferocious in battle. After our hours of catching up we decide we could become a team and therefore be even more effective in our pursuits. We will rest until the next battle is ready for our talents.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn Eternal Forum Index -> Roleplaying and Creative Endeavors All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None