Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn Eternal Forum Index -> Roleplaying and Creative Endeavors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryena
Officer

re: Datapad

DATAPAD
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
| ENTRY 001
|
| SUPPLIES:
|
| Standard Republic-issue cortosis weave heavy armor with integrated Comm
| A-315 Heavy Assault Cannon
| 800 Rounds of ammo
| 4 Kolto Medkits
| 2 packs of Stims
| 5 Rations
| 2 Canteens
| 1 Bioscanner
| 1 Blanket
| “Experimental” anti-rakghoul spray
| 1 Czerka Co. Extended Life Wristlight
| this Datapad
|
| JEDI'S SUPPLIES:
|
| Lightsaber
|
| note: She better not look at me when she gets hungry.
|
|
| MISSION SUMMARY:
|
| Seven Republic scientists researching "aphoto" plants have been trapped in a cave collapse. Rescue
| them and recover any research.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
| ENTRY 002
|
| We’ve been working at the cave’s entrance for 3 hours, with me moving some rocks by hand, and the
| Jedi doing the rest. We’ve only just made a hole big enough to shine a light into, but we can’t see
| anything, and no one responds to our calls. As I sat down to write this, I saw some animal beyond the
| wreckage of a building nearby. I’ve been to a lot of worlds, but Taris is a really strange place. Anyway,
| our progress is slow. It looks like the Jedi is overdoing it. I’m not sure how long it will take to make a
| space big enough to get through. I might have to leave the Bioscanner.

| ENTRY 003
|
| We got through the entrance only to find a room of dead scientists. We only found three bodies, so the
| rest must be beyond yet another pile of rubble. We’re going to rest for a bit before we continue. I hope
| no scavengers come by and harass us. I think I’m too tired to deal with them.

| ENTRY 004
|
| Big surprise, the anti-rakghoul spray didn’t work. I got bit, but then some rocks fell on me and crushed
| my legs, so I guess it all works out. I’m going to die in here and the Jedi won’t even kiss me. That’s a
| Jedi for you.
|
| All in all, I guess it could have been worse. Jeren out.

| ENTRY 005
|
| I held Jeren as he died. The kolto wasn't enough, but at least it eased his pain. I pushed as many rocks
| aside as I could after the second collapse, but I had to give up. I knew Jaren didn’t have long. I’ll try again
| in a while, but I just can’t do it any more right now.

| ENTRY 006
|
| When I woke up this morning, Jaren’s wristlight had gone out. Now I can see a faint violet glow on the
| walls. This must be the plant, or whatever it is, that the scientists were researching. I moved rocks until
| my head ached unbearably, but then some more fell into the space I had just created. The cave seems
| very unstable, and I’m afraid that I’ll bring it down on top of me if I do anything more. Besides, I’m fairly
| certain that the entire corridor we passed through is now filled with rubble. I suppose someone may
| come looking for me, but I don’t think it would do any good. I can’t bring myself to do anything with Jaren.
| I really wish he were still here with me. All I can do now is meditate.

| ENTRY 007
|
| I’m not sure how many days it has been. It feels like so long. I buried Jeren in the rocks, but I can’t get
| away from the smell. I’d give anything to get out of here.
|
|
| There is no emotion, there is peace.
| There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
| There is no passion, there is serenity.
| There is no chaos, there is harmony.
| There is no death, there is the Force.
|
| Is this true?

| ENTRY 008
|
| I ran out of rations so I ate some of the purple stuff on the walls. It seems to be glowing brighter somehow.
| I think it might be a fungus. I feel really strange after eating it, but it seems to be keeping me alive, for now.

| ENTRY 009
|
| If I have to eat another one of those things, I will definitely regurgitate it.
|
| I feel so angry that Jeren and I have to die in here just because some scientists wanted to look at these
| stupid plants. I don’t even care if these things would have saved lives. But I know that’s wrong. What’s
| happening to me? Despair, I suppose. I can’t stop thinking about the Sith and how much I hate them for
| what they did to us. There’s really no point in suppressing my emotion now. The Sith are so wrong in
| everything they believe. None of this would have happened if it hadn't been for them. We never would
| have been here. I hate them.

| ENTRY 010
|
| I've been thinking about this for a long time, since I have nothing else to do.
|
|
| The Sith Code says,
|
| “Through victory my chains are broken.
| The force shall free me.”
|
| But none of us who are connected to the Force can claim true freedom. Our link with the other life in the
| galaxy does not allow us to be separate. We feel it in the force when there is suffering. For those trained
| as Jedi, it serves as a constant reminder of our duty to protect all life forms.
|
| For a slave in the Sith Empire, that painful connectedness would be an encumbrance. Your wretched
| position would be magnified by your empathy for those around you, and you might try to sever the bond.
| Naturally, you’d do whatever you could to survive. You might believe that through a show of power and
| cruelty, you could rise to the top. I would believe it, if I were in that place.
|
| But there is only one Sith Lord who has no one above him, and even he cannot escape the
| never-sleeping fear that someone will snatch away his power. This fear is the reason why the force
| users of the Empire have been set upon each other. The Sith Academy is purposefully a beast fight. Few
| can see that it is not the fighters who are winners, but those on the outside, waiting to use the
| "champions" as their instruments.
|
| The Sith claim freedom from the Jedi Order's restrictions, but they'll never get beyond the basic urge to
| survive, as long as they remain. Gain power just to keep the power you have, and in the end, all you’ll
| have is everyone around you, moving closer to you only for the kill.

| ENTRY 011
|
| [CORRUPTED] qW2kAS #D 8uiAD w sd 09 sdu w2mj2ike j2e9 s9du sud LW%DoJK 2OPqlEK
| wlj2p u2u salkdjI2J AjdPRJ2 PJRpjepL4lijr R3-P02idSO*DK 1209sd^jJA LFkas744ld lds H ALF390
| q 0weuq39asdk sSA; DKzLA;FIp:FUIW0x q 9oirafj

| ENTRY 012
|
| I think this will be my last entry, and so I confide in this machine:
|
| The Jedi do what we do for the sake of the galaxy, but we also do it for ourselves. Being what we are,
| we can do nothing else.

Last edited by Daryena on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
IlservianPalacost

Great post, Dary. I liked the datapad format you used, always liked picking up assorted datapads in kotor and reading them as they pieced together a story. But... You can't die already! I demand a follow up :-O

Glad to see the Lit major paying off tongue out

Seems like everyone is just relieved to be in a SciFi setting with datapad recordings, encoded prison communication transmissions and what not. Also, nice to see Jeren keeping up the noble trooper tradition of morbid sarcasm in the face of death.

Hubris_Inc wrote:
Glad to see the Lit major paying off tongue out

Seems like everyone is just relieved to be in a SciFi setting with datapad recordings, encoded prison communication transmissions and what not. Also, nice to see Jeren keeping up the noble trooper tradition of morbid sarcasm in the face of death.

I'm really getting into the RP feel with this game, and I like how everyone seems to really be fleshing out some background for their characters, it always seems to make a game more enjoyable. The sci-fi setting is great (even more so because it's Star Wars) brings me back to my days RPing in Anarchy Online.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None