View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryena
Officer

re: Sanctum Ophidia

Pretty sure the serpent trial will be nuts, but let's see how we do.

Will investigate more ideal days for trials but not sure if we can find one.  How is sunday for people these days?  I'll ask at raid time on Friday as well

Post your strats here

Last edited by Daryena on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
IlservianPalacost

http://sigma-draconis.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10588847&gid=401499 found this post about the serpent fight, pretty good break down of what to expect and what different roles should be doing. Not sure about the bosses before him.

I can do just about any day, but Friday is my hit or miss day, because...well...I like to party every once in a while!!!

Daryena
Officer

Some notes on the first boss: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/serpent-trial-sanctum-ophidia-dungeon-discussion/  Read killabunny's post

Video with instructions:

Looks like there are different ways to split people up for the group that has to go in the black hole and fight the other boss, the Serpent's Image.  The black hole will spawn on someone and take everyone down who is in it (max 4 people).  The group has 2 minutes to kill the boss below.  In this video, they have everyone spread out above and then send 3 additional people to the black hole depending on what class was sucked down.  You need a tank and some healing.  Guide in this video says: "Black Hole - Call class that gets pulled down, then send down in priority 1. Tank, 2. Magicka NB, 3. Stam NB."  Not sure why, optimal healing/dps capabilities maybe.

To avoid filling the room with poison spears, when one spear spawns they all crawl out of it holding block, following their leader to the next location.

IlservianPalacost

Think the NB thing has to do with dropping Veil, I remember reading somewhere that Veil is a big deal in SO.

If you learn anything about Sanctum Ophidia then let us know what you find here

IlservianPalacost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_IGszaZZ8A Mantikora fight. Doesn't explain anything but can see how they move and when. Also shows both the pit and the main fight.

Deltia's Gaming Guide to Manticora

This implies nova or veil of blades is pretty much mandatory for the poisoned jav time.

IlservianPalacost

That vid Uru posted does some pretty decent explaining on the mechanics. We just need to work on that transition from the time the portal is summoned to when everyone stacks. That seemed to be when we would wipe last time.

PTS kill, melee dps view

I like this video because you can see the main tank area.  Hubris, I think the tank is using purify regularly.  I see the animation for it.  I'm guessing the dot that was killing you can indeed be cleansed.  Seems like a pretty big deal otherwise, and nobody mentions it?

On the poison-spear transition its 1.) stack right on each other 2.) circle of protection 3.) nova | veil of blades 4.) block when moving to new stack area ... each transition.

IlservianPalacost

^Apparently the key to slaying the Mantikora in patch 1.6 is to wear wedding dresses tho.

Edit: Also, this is from the same person that Uru posted, just current patch not 1.6 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ymf9eWpxjss

A "split the main-tank + DPS" strategy.  Kind of interesting.  click here.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn Eternal Forum Index -> Friends of DE All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None