Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn Eternal Forum Index -> Roleplaying and Creative Endeavors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryena
Officer

re: Get to know your character

An OOC way to get to know your IC character. Fill out as many or as few as you like, add your own, etc. Pass the time while you can’t play!

Basics

Coloration:

Heritage:

An adjective that describes your character’s usual temperament:

The Good Stuff

1. a) Find a piece of fan or concept art that represents your character OR b) Draw them in MS Paint. (Or any image will do; give us a visual.)

2. What would be a good themesong for your character?

3. What is something that they always have with them?

4. What do people say about your character? Fill in this sentence: “Oh, yeah, <your character name>. That’s the _________ who ______________.”

5. If your character had a motorcycle, who would ride in their side car?

6. Does your character have an Achilles heel? A tragic flaw? Too many flaws to count?

7. a) Your character desires:

b) This creates conflict because:

8. Your character is alone on the battlefield and facing a horde of enemies. What would they do?

9. Your character is late. What’s their excuse?

10. Your character absolutely despises ___________

11. Your character takes pride in ___________

12. If someone wants a favor, they say, “I’d do it for a ___________.”

13. Think of a secret for your character and don’t share it! If your secret involves one of the previous answers, go back and delete the above answer so that it remains a mystery. (For now...)

Congratulations! You have now enriched your experience with the game and exercised your creativity. You can use your newfound familiarity with your character to roleplay, or to simply be your character as you play the game.

Last edited by Daryena on Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
vX-2 (darven/dayrian)

Basics

Coloration: Gold + Orange + Red

Heritage: A Noble (vampire) Family

An adjective that describes your character’s usual temperament: Laidback (but sometimes fiery)

The Good Stuff

1. a) Find a piece of fan or concept art that represents your character OR b) Draw them in MS Paint. (Or any image will do; give us a visual.) Forum Image

2. What would be a good themesong for your character? The academy award

3. What is something that they always have with them? Range equipment – bow/ gun

4. What do people say about your character? Fill in this sentence: “Oh, yeah, <Dayrian>. That’s the night hunter who brings swift death.”

5. If your character had a motorcycle, who would ride in their side car? Catwoman/ Batwoman

6. Does your character have an Achilles heel? - Hot Ladies
A tragic flaw? See question 13
Too many flaws to count? (Even if you don’t want to reveal it right now, make sure you give your character a flaw or weakness. No Mary Sues!)

7. a) Your character desires: Immortality & exotic/ rare equipment (+tons of damage)

b) This creates conflict because: He is an immortal, and it saddens him to see that people around him dies when he doesn’t

8. Your character is alone on the battlefield and facing a horde of enemies. What would they do? Emptying his mind, calculating, evaluating, and imagining each of the enemies’ movements before he start to strike them

9. Your character is late. What’s their excuse? A hot date, sorry guys

10. Your character absolutely despises dishonesty, and greed (sharing is caring)

11. Your character takes pride in accomplishment (e.g. goal/ mission), helping the unfortunate

12. If someone wants a favor, they say, “I’d do it for a rare equipment.”

13. Think of a secret for your character and don’t share it! If your secret involves one of the previous answers, go back and delete the above answer so that it remains a mystery. (For now...)

Hope that works !

Last edited by vX-2 (darven/dayrian) on Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
CyberJesterB

Basics

Coloration:
His fur is brown tabby with touches of white. Clothing preference are utilitarian, brown/grey/black leathers and bronze/steel metals.

Heritage:
His sire was a moderately successful/respected soldier of the Iron Legion. Few deeds of great note in his heritage further back.

An adjective that describes your character’s usual temperament:
Gruff

The Good Stuff

1. a) Find a piece of fan or concept art that represents your character OR b) Draw them in MS Paint. (Or any image will do; give us a visual.)
This one is just really cool.
Forum Image
And here is one Adele drew of our characters.
Forum Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrPEBaQiAIM

Toolkit, scrap parts, etc.

4. What do people say about your character? Fill in this sentence:
“Oh, yeah, Forgesteel. That’s the legionnaire who keeps blowing up his workshop.”

His rifle, also the sidecar has a built in rocket launcher.

6. Does your character have an Achilles heel? A tragic flaw? Too many flaws to count? (Even if you don’t want to reveal it right now, make sure you give your character a flaw or weakness. No Mary Sues!)
He's a runt and has a physical handicap that requires he take an alchemical elixir daily to counteract.

To go down in history as a hero of his people. To outdo all those who have discredited him because of his handicap.

Even many of his superiors are included in that list. And any challenge he faces is more difficult than it is for most others.

8. Your character is alone on the battlefield and facing a horde of enemies. What would they do?
Grab his bomb satchel and rocket boots.

"I just finished facing a horde of enemies alone on the battlefield."

10. Your character absolutely despises bullies.

11. Your character takes pride in his warband.

12. If someone wants a favor, they say, “I’d do it for the challenge.”
Adele D.L.

re: Re: Get to know your character

Awesome idea! I could use some help getting my char figured out, but don't quite want to post a bio on my RP forums...

Basics

Coloration: Fair

Heritage: Old Ascalonian nobility

An adjective that describes your character’s usual temperament: Studious

The Good Stuff

Forum Image

3. What is something that they always have with them? A leatherbound journal and writing tools, well-used.

4. What do people say about your character? Fill in this sentence: “Oh, yeah, the de Leure girl. That’s the kid of that old Ebonhawke captain who works for some Asura bloke. Smells like a fookin' dust storm, she does.”

5. If your character had a motorcycle, who would ride in their side car? Her equally grim-faced comrade from Ebonhawke, Emeline.

6. Does your character have an Achilles heel? A tragic flaw? Too many flaws to count? Stubbornness and too much drive to succeed leads to lost friends and failed opportunities. She can be too dignified, and too proud when it comes to her research especially, often unwilling to concede. Smells strongly of dust, inducer of sneezes across Tyria.

7. a) Your character desires: Study ALL the Ascalonian ruins!

b) This creates conflict because: Wait, but CHARR live there...

8. Your character is alone on the battlefield and facing a horde of enemies. What would they do? Set her jaw and draw her blade.

9. Your character is late. What’s their excuse? "It's fashionable."

10. Your character is distrustful of the Charr.

11. Your character takes pride in her heritage.

12. If someone wants a favor, they say, “I’ll do it for a good vintage.”

13. Think of a secret for your character and don’t share it! If your secret involves one of the previous answers, go back and delete the above answer so that it remains a mystery. Shhh.

Congratulations! You have now enriched your experience with the game and exercised your creativity. You can use your newfound familiarity with your character to roleplay, or to simply be your character as you play the game.[/quote]

This is a fun take on a character break down. I just wanted to say that I like the art work Adele, very nice. But I am concerned that your character may be suicidal with Otis Reddings' "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay", your character has so much to live for think about the vistas!

I wish I wasn't at work right now so that I could add my own I'll have to do it after.

Hubris_Inc wrote:

I wish I wasn't at work right now so that I could add my own I'll have to do it after.

^ still waiting
Hubris_Inc
Officer

re: Re: Get to know your character

Basics

Coloration: Blackish gray/green like the color of an ancient river washed stone with an off white stripe down the middle.

Heritage:Bitterstone Krewe

An adjective that describes your character’s usual temperament: Pointed

The Good Stuff

Forum Image
PLUS++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++PLUS
Forum Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9wxrB41PMhw
and or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hLhN__oEHaw

3. What is something that they always have with them? A small blue green crystal or stone, what is it no one knows for sure, save me.

4. What do people say about your character? Fill in this sentence: “Oh, yeah, Beetles. That’s the tiny bugger who carries that damned hammer.

5. If your character had a motorcycle, who would ride in their side car? Zorjja (Felicia Day does the voice acting for the main Asuran hero and yes I have a thing for Felicia Day that I wont get into her and now, your welcome)

6. Does your character have an Achilles heel? A tragic flaw? Too many flaws to count? My main gaming handle plays apart in most of my characters, I find hubris a fascinating concept.

7. a) Your character desires: Knowledge

b) This creates conflict because: The pursuit of knowledge can be a lonely road and the few relationships one can gain on that journey can and will be tested and strained along the way.

Smile, the trap's been sprung and I love a good ambush...
"Time is a relative concept."
10. Your character absolutely despises. Blind faith, not so much the faith but the blind part you have to test and retest and even those tests are never fully conclusive, or are they...

11. Your character takes pride in: Doing the unexpected and proving the doubters wrong

12. If someone wants a favor, they say, “I’d do it if you take part in my next round of field tests."

Congratulations! You have now enriched your experience with the game and exercised your creativity. You can use your newfound familiarity with your character to roleplay, or to simply be your character as you play the game.[/quote]

Incredible artwork, Adele!! I am jealous of your skills!

Love your guys characters!
IlservianPalacost

Basics

Coloration: Tan skin, black hair, blue eyes

Heritage: Norn mercenary

An adjective that describes your character’s usual temperament: Driven

The Good Stuff

Forum Image

2. What would be a good theme song for your character?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxQrlxRAqRk

His sword

4. What do people say about your character? Fill in this sentence: “Oh, yeah, <your character name>. That’s the _________ who ______________.”
"Oh yeah, Drake Darkfire. That's the guy who charged the enemy lines by himself...naked."

An ally that has gained his trust

6. Does your character have an Achilles heel? A tragic flaw? Too many flaws to count?
Shuts himself away from others emotionally, not easily trusting, rebellious, prideful, reckless

Trial by combat, greater strength and power

He is always seeking the strongest opponents to improve his abilities, not necessarily the most tactical targets at times

Grit his teeth, draw his sword and shout a challenge to the enemy as he charges

No excuses needed, he keeps his own schedule

10. Your character absolutely despises ___________
Weakness in all its' forms

11. Your character takes pride in ___________
His combat ability

12. If someone wants a favor, they say,
“I’d do it for a bag of coin/the challenge.” (Depending on his trust of the individual)

Basics

Coloration: black-red hair and pale skin, often wears dark colors

Heritage: Sister to a famous warrior, now immortalized in song

An adjective that describes your character’s usual temperament: Intense (sorry for the cliche)

The Good Stuff

Forum Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rXI72Kr6tw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUVCQXMUVnI

A necklace with a carved raven pendant

4. What do people say about your character? Fill in this sentence: “Oh, yeah, Dary. She’s that completely insane magic fighter who, when I offended her last month, after fixing me with her evil eye for a solid minute, burned off my eyebrows, downed my beer, and was gone before I could react.”

“ghosts”

Extremely bad temper

7. a) Your character desires: The glory-filled past

b) This creates conflict because: It’s the past, man

Ride the wind away from them, luring them into a trap

She doesn’t give an excuse, she just gives them the evil eye.

10. Your character absolutely despises lace, ruffles, unusual facial features, pretending

11. Your character takes pride in her long hair

12. If someone wants a favor, they say, “I’d do it for the rush. Fighting is involved, yes?”

13. Think of a secret for your character and don’t share it! If your secret involves one of the previous answers, go back and delete the above answer so that it remains a mystery. (For now...) !
IlservianPalacost

Dary, I feel like Drake and your character would get along great...or fight each other every chance they got, either way nice job!

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None