Post new topic   Reply to topic    Dawn Eternal Forum Index -> Roleplaying and Creative Endeavors
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draq O.

re: Unrelated Art

Not sure how this will play but here it is anyhow... I have recently been attempting to put some of my past art works(ings) onto digital format. As a result of this I decided to post them so that anyone could view them. I wasn't sure whether this would really be appropriate here so that is my hesistation, don't wanna toot my own horn so to speak . If you think you may be interested here is the link to the first one: http://fav.me/d5a1fug Once you are there look for the link to my gallery for the remaining ones. I am kinda in work in progress mode here so I may add some more. Thanks for your views either way.

Daryena
Officer

Wow, Draq. Just wow. I really like your stuff. I finally picked out a place to live and I'll be moving in a month, so I've been thinking a lot about art and decor. It's strange how well your black and white stuff would fit in with the style I'm planning (yeah, I got sucked in to the Ikea catalog). I like how you can't tell what the ice cream cone is at first. I am really impressed by the scorpion/cactus tessellation and the light house screen, extremely well done. Thanks for being brave enough to share with us; I know it's hard. This is the perfect place to post something like that - if anyone else wants to share their creative projects, it doesn't have to be game-related. And Draq, if you ever felt like scanning some of them in order to make a print, I'd hang them up in my apartment!
Adele D.L.

The sculptures are awesome!

I really like scorpion/cactus. Who or what are your influences?

Thanks for the support/praise! I have added some more today: http://fav.me/d5a6mvd and there are some that I have on 3.5" floppy disks that I need to convert over somehow . As far as influences I don't really have any specific, I just kinda go with whatever pops into my head. I do however like Frank Lloyd Wright, MC Escher (artist), Alberto Giacometti(sculptor), Charles Schulz (cartoonist), Ted Naifeh (graphic novelist), anything lighthouse or woodwork related.

Hubris_Inc
Officer

Frank Lloyd Wright is the man, I love the Waterfall house. Recently I have been loving street art espically http://www.banksy.co.uk/ When I get enough wall space I want to get a print of his piece "Think Tank" in 3 piece canvas.

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
None